Last updated: 22nd August 2022.
Please review our Terms and Conditions.
In agreeing to these terms and conditions you understand that EDC Roundtable does not own, control, quality assure accuracy of content or endorse products for sale on http://www.edcroundtable.com; EDC Roundtable disclaims all responsibility and liability for the information and products displayed on and sold through the website, including accuracy, legality, content and reliability. As EDC Roundtable not buy or sell the seller’s products, both buyers and sellers understand and agree that if disputes arise between them that EDC Roundtable is not responsible or liable for any losses, claims, damages, costs or demands of any kind, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed arising from such disputes. You can close your account at any time and for any reason by notifying us using the contact form on our website. Once your account has been closed you will need to re-register to sell or purchase products. Products displayed and sold through the EDC Roundtable website are not owned by EDC Roundtable, but remain the property of the third party supplier (on whose behalf EDC Roundtable acts as agent). Your contract for purchase will be with the third party supplier, not EDC Roundtable. Products purchased are sold on an ‘as is’ basis and no warranties or guarantees are offered by EDC Roundtable. A legally binding contract of sale will be formed between you and the supplier of the product when you have confirmed your order, EDC Roundtable has confirmed that the seller will sell the product at the price advertised and you have paid the product price in full, plus VAT as required.
You agree that you will not under any circumstance:
- Access the Service for any reason other than your personal, use solely as permitted by the normal functionality of the Service.
- Collect or harvest any personal data of any user of the Site or the Service
- Distribute any part or parts of the Site or the Service without our explicit written permission (we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly-available searchable indices but retain the right to revoke this permission at any time on a general or specific basis);
- use the Service for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
- use another user’s account without permission;
- intentionally allow another user to access your account;
- provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service;
- make any automated use of the Site, the Service or the related systems, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service, or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of content, or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content accessible via the Service; or
- publish or link to malicious content of any sort, including that intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
Posting and Conduct Restrictions
When you create your own personalised account, you may be able to provide personal details such as name, email address, billing/shipping address and phone number, (“User Content”) to the Service. You are solely responsible for the User Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Service.
We grant you permission to use and access the Service, subject to the following express conditions surrounding User Content. You agree that failure to adhere to any of these conditions constitutes a material breach of these Terms.
By transmitting and submitting any User Content while using the Service, you agree as follows:
- You are solely responsible for your account and the activity that occurs while signed in to or while using your account;
- You will not post information that is malicious, libellous, false or inaccurate;
- You will not post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libellous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
- You will not submit content that is copyrighted or subject to Third Party proprietary rights, including privacy, publicity, trade secret, or others, unless you are the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission from their rightful owner to specifically submit such content; and
- You hereby agree that we have the right to determine whether your User Content submissions are appropriate and comply with these Terms of Service, remove any and/or all of your submissions, and terminate your account with or without prior notice.
You understand and agree that any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you make available or access through your use of the Service is solely your responsibility. The Site is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content.
The Site does not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. However, at our discretion, we, or technology we employ, may monitor and/or record your interactions with the Service or with other Users.
Online Content Disclaimer
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by the Site, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content.
We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Site or the Service nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by other parties. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or Third Party posts or sends via the Service. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Service, or transmitted to users.
Links To Other Sites and/or Materials
Copyright Complaints and Copyright Agent
(a) Termination of Repeat Infringer Accounts. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and requires that the users do the same. We have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of the Service who are repeat infringers. We may terminate access for participants or users who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected Third Party content without necessary rights and permissions.
(b) If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Service infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification by sending the following information by email to our designated copyright agent at email@example.com
- The date of your notification;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information sufficient to enable us to locate such work;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
User Consent To Receive Communications In Electronic Form
We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including information about the Site or the Service and special offers. You may opt out of such email by changing your account settings, using the “Unsubscribe” link in the message, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding the Site, the Service or special offers.
Modification of Terms and Conditions
Vendor Terms and Conditions
Effective as of 03/01/2022
You are prohibited to:
- Divert EDC Roundtable users to another website or sales process either through links, advertisements, marketing messages or “calls to action”
- Do not contact EDC Roundtable customers directly, unless the customer has purchased a product through EDC Roundtable and/or has sought support from you for that product
- In any communication with EDC Roundtable customers you must not include advertisements, marketing messages or “calls to action” that encourage customers away from the EDC Roundtable website and keep the communication limited to details around support of your product
- Misuse the ratings and feedback forum. Do not include inappropriate comments or personal information about any user or supplier in feedback.
* including, without limitation, any patents, trademarks, service marks, registered designs, applications for any of the foregoing, copyright, database rights, design rights, know-how, confidential information, trade and business names, trademarks and any other similar protected rights in any country,
Liability and Responsibility
As a Vendor you agree to appoint EDC Roundtable as your non-exclusive agent to display, market and sell products that are owned by or licensed to you; you warrant that you are the original author and own the copyright of the product and therefore have the right to sell the products or that you are a licensee with sufficient authority to do so. In agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree that in selling products through the EDC Roundtable website you are not infringing any legal or intellectual property rights * of any third party and you agree to indemnify and EDC Roundtable from and against all losses, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by EDC Roundtable as a result of or in connection with any intellectual property infringement claim brought or threatened by any third party.
EDC Roundtable has no responsibility or liability with respect to any claims arising from infringement of the law in any country in relation to the products EDC Roundtable displays, markets and sells on behalf of third parties. Products displayed and sold through the EDC Roundtable website remain the property of the vendor. The vendor has sole responsibility and control of their products, including risk of loss.
Reputation and Feedback
As a Vendor you agree to the publication of feedback and ratings about your products, even though the feedback may be critical, insulting or defamatory and you waive all rights against EDC Roundtable in respect of any liability in connection with the publication of defamatory comments about you or your organisation. Should a registered user post inappropriate, untrue or dishonest comments about you or your products you should use the contact form on the website to report them and EDC Roundtable will investigate your claim. It will be at the discretion of EDC Roundtable as to whether the feedback should be removed. Please note that EDC Roundtable will not monitor feedback posted on the EDC Roundtable website.
You, the vendor, will provide the required information for your products as required by EDC Roundtable in the online Product Submission form. You must ensure that the information you provide is accurate, complete and not misleading. You are solely responsible for setting the price of your products and any discounts attributed to those products. Also responsibility lies with you the vendor to define any applicable duration for access to your products, should these be delivered through your own online system. You are solely responsible for the process, format and expense of delivery of your products through your own systems. Downloadable products will be available to the purchaser for a month following their purchase.
You may withdraw any of your products for sale from the EDC Roundtable website by providing EDC Roundtable with 30 days written notice; however you are required to fulfil any sales that have been made.
Payments and Commission
You give EDC Roundtable, as your agent, the authority to collect the value of all purchases of your products made through the EDC Roundtable website on your behalf. You agree to pay EDC Roundtable a maximum 10% commission on the sale of your products sold through EDC Roundtable, calculated as a percentage of the total net price of your product plus VAT unless otherwise stated on our membership plans.
EDC Roundtable reserves the right to modify the commissions charged to vendors, following a review of the commission structure, provided that vendors are notified by email of any new commission rates at least 30 days prior to the changes taking place.
EDC Roundtable will collect the value of vendors sales, plus VAT as required, from buyers. Commission payable by the vendor, plus VAT will be deducted from the collected amount and will be payable at request to the vendor by EDC Roundtable, no later than 45 days following sales that have been made. Payments to vendors will be made via but not limited to our integrated payments systems.
2.9% + 0.30 will apply to all orders received when a customer is paying by card via Stripe with payment going direct to vendor providing vendor has Stripe set up correctly otherwise EDC Roundtable will receive these funds.
As a vendor you are required to have your own Refunds and Returns policy or to agree to the terms of the EDC Roundtable Refunds and Returns policy. In submitting your vendors information to EDC Roundtable and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions you give EDC Roundtable authority to implement your vendors Refunds and Returns policy or if requested the EDC Roundtable Refunds and Returns policy.
Refunds and Returns
If EDC Roundtable refunds a buyer for the value of a product they have purchased, in accordance with the agreed Refunds and Returns policy, the refund will be applied against any amounts owed to you, the vendor. If no amounts are owed then EDC Roundtable will invoice you for the amount paid to you for those sales that were refunded and any commission earned by you, the vendor.